After our first two weeks here, I was feeling so lonely for our old friends even though we moved closer to family. But trying to get into a routine, we did not visit family right away and school was still in session so our neighbor friends were not free to get together yet. During my quiet times, I felt God revealing to me why it was good to move back here.
First, it gives our kids opportunities to learn how to make new friends. Even the friends we left are new to them. It is always good for us to stay in practice with this, too! Hopefully this will help them make friends more easily as they get older.
Second, our house is very noisy! We are right under an airplane runway and right by an Elementary School where buses and cars pass by every day. And we can hear the whistle-blowing crossing guard from our bedrooms! So if the kids can learn to sleep with these noises they will be able to go anywhere! I have to get used to being woken up every day whether I like it or not. I was certainly ready for school to be out!
Third, it continues to help us learn to live with an open hand. The longer I stay in one place the harder it is to leave. I want to cling to all the 'stuff' that I love, even the house. Moving and having a huge yard sale, helped me to be able to let go of things that aren't important. While moving away from our friends was hard, they will always be there and relationships don't have to end, they can grow stronger. I will definitely be working on that!
Acceptance: Let’s Freedom Ring
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment