Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nature all around us...

As we have been up here in MD for a while we have noticed some differences since being away. We have noticed it becoming more 'green' here! Our neighbors have a honey bee hive and brought us a welcome back cake. Isn't it cute?

We now have recycling cans the size of trash cans! And they encourage only one trash can per recycling can on the street. Some people put out two recycling cans and only one trash can!


We saw some more wildlife, strange for being outside of 3 cities. A snapping turtle came up the hill from the stream and laid eggs in our sandy soil where Rod was planning to put up a fence post. Well, needless to say that project got placed on hold. No signs of eggs hatching yet, but we'll keep you posted.

So even though we aren't in the nice, quiet countrylike town in Louisiana anymore we still feel a little bit rural. I guess God is giving us these nice experiences to ease our transition. I am able to plant a few plants - tomato, yellow pepper, basil and mint. Just a little something since I realized I liked gardening after our first one last year! We left a tomato plant at our house in LA. Hope our friends got all the tomatoes off it!

No comments: